Monday, January 25, 2010

Hellz yeah Egypt!


Egypt beat Cameroon today, which qualifies them for the semi-finals in the african cup of nations!!!!!!!!1 We won 3-1! We rock. Period. On Thursday we play Algeria. Oh no. I'm feeling tremulous but confident we will win, God willing. I don't want to talk about what happened in the qualifying matches for the World Cup, because you most probably already know. And for the record -- I think both teams/fans were crazy and BOTH were at fault! Let's try to calm down a bit before the next match and not do any thing stupid!!!

On a more serious note, I find it so interesting that although Egypt is a pretty poor country, EVERYONE, well ok mostly everyone who is Egyptian will either support their team or watch it together and cheer! It's probably the only thing I can think of that all Egyptians have in common. I think it's awesome. And I think if all Egyptians had other things like this in common, then Egypt would be a better place. You know ... for example, as in opposing corruption! Opposing the president and the government! Imagineee if all those people watching the match did some type of protest or revolution. Egypt's disgusting dictatorship might end. And if not, at least we will say we tried.

Good luck Egypt! InshAllah you will win, my love!

Details about our win ... since I suck at explaining sports-related issues: http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2010/01/25/sports/sports-uk-soccer-nations.html

hilarious video: i love egyptian soccer commercials they crack me up!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B_tbLcc0cg

No comments:

Post a Comment